Career Guidance Program
Date :- 25/01/2016
Venue :- Basement,New Building
Timing :- 12.30 to 2.30 p.m.
Shri Swami Samarth Dnyanpeeth's Sahyadri National School School had arranged a career guidance program especially for 9th standard students to tap their curiosity about career at a very young age.
The guest speaker Mrs. Pritesh was felicitated by the school's academic advisor Mrs. Pushpa Gopal.
- Mrs. Pritesh has a doctorate in Materials chemistry. She has done her graduation in science from Delhi University and post graduation in solid state chemistry.
- She has worked as scientist at Belgium and Sweden. After working there she returned to India in 2012. She is now an entrepreneur in paper craft jewellery and designer cakes
- Mrs. Pritesh guided the students about how chemistry is not only a career option but also how it is connected to daily life.
- She helped students realize how whatever we use and eat in our daily life is all part and parcel of material chemistry.
- The students curiosity reached peak while she was relating the material chemistry to daily life examples; they were ready with a number of questions and she patiently answered all of them one by one. No sooner were the children amazed with the answers they got, than they kept wondering about the correlation between the degrees of Mrs. Pritesh and her business. She did not hesitate to clarify it.
- She explained students in an amazing way how her studies helped her in her business as to which materials should be used and which are harmful to the body.
- The children gazed in awe at her after the reply. No wonder the students have developed interest in chemistry
The program was a wonderful eye opener for all the audience including students and teachers. Mrs. Aparna presented Vote of thanks and Mrs. Pritesh was presented with a greeting card prepared by the students as a token of love